Thursday, January 12, 2012

Social Media Marketing 101

I have been using Facebook and Twitter for a long time and thought that I knew a lot about both.  During a Social Media Marketing seminar today I learned that there was much more to learn about these sites and the thousands of second tier sites sprouting up daily. 

It was interesting to meet and exchange thoughts with people from other industries. There were lawyers, physicians, photographers, sale representatives, municipality managers and new paper publishers present. Although we were from many different jobs our missions were similar.  Reach more people.  The presenter was a former ad rep and knew the difficulties of reaching new clients and retaining current ones.  I learned many uses for social media sites and how to prevent from overload while using them.

The seminar covered about 3 days worth of material into one.  I am still soaking in the ideas and experimenting with different procedures. Since I was out of town I had to take advantage of being close to some favorite businesses that I follow on Facebook.  Krispy Kreme and Carrabbas was less than two miles apart.  My brain needed some comfort food.



The photo above captured the first batch of doughnuts coming off the line and soon into my hands. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment