Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A quick view of the sunset.

In a previous post I commented about sitting in traffic.   Once again today it too me approximately 40 minutes to go 10 miles.   South of Charlotte, NC there is an area where Interstate 77 dumps hundreds of cars into I-485 traffic already loaded with hundreds of cars.  Traffic becomes a slow crawl with a few idiots constantly changing lanes to a complete standstill.  Today I witnessed an ambulance trying to get through the four lanes of congestion.  A few of us pulled off of the road, but I was sad to see the rescue vehicle come to a complete stop in front of me because cars were not getting out of the way.   For the next mile or two I expected to see a fender bender, but there was nothing.  somehow the traffic manages to magically thin out and everyone remaining races to get to their final destination.  Just before I was preparing to exit on Highway 74 east in Matthews, NC I caught a glimpse of the sunset in my rear view mirror.  I managed to get my iPhone changed to camera mode to capture the photo below.   The struggle through traffic was worth the view behind me as I continued my journey home.


No comments:

Post a Comment