Friday, January 27, 2012

Pinball Wizard?

During my trip to Charlotte this week I decided to stop and have lunch at Pinky’s Westside Grill at W Morehead St.  When I entered the building the first thing that I saw was a KISS pinball machine.  I had not seen one of these in a long time.  I have been a KISS fan since the late '70's. I've played their music and seen them in concert.  I considered playing a game, but my stomach forced me to continue with lunch as planned.   After my meal, I took a look around the restaurant and heading to my car.  As I reached for the door, I realized that the pinball machine was still there and I should play one game.  Two quarters later I was flipping the flippers and bumping the machine as the balls bounced off of the bumpers.  It was a very brief game considering my pinball skills are not as good as they were many years ago.

This machine is in great condition.  Upon research I found out some history and just about any part needed for a machine refurb can be foun on Ebay.  The original price of the machine in 1978 was $199.00.  Most recently the machines have sold for almost $4000.00




Kiss April 25, 1978
4 Players
Manufacturer: Bally Manufacturing Corporation
Date Of Manufacture: June, 1979
Model Number: 1152-E
MPU: Bally MPU AS-2518-35
Type: Solid State Electronic (SS)
Production: 17,000 units (confirmed)
Theme: Celebrities - Licensed
Specialty: Conversion Kit
Notable Features: Flippers (2), Pop bumpers(4), 4-bank drop targets (1), Rollunder spinners (2).
Used a different power supply than the other 3rd generation tables.
Design by: Jim Patla
Art by: Kevin O'Connor
Notes: A 'Kiss' prototype was built which used speech.

No comments:

Post a Comment